In today's age, computer have made our life much easier. If you are thinking that what is a computer then the simple answer is computer is a machine.
In this century computer science is the most popular industry.
We do a lot with the help of it. Chatting online with friends, family, etc. Purchase products from online stores like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra etc. Online money transaction, For learning something new, For accounting purpose etc.
Today we will discuss the amazing and surprising computer facts. We also discuss the history of it.
(1) Charles Babbage invented the first computer.
Charles Babbage invented the digital-computer in the world (1822). Konrad Zuse is the inventor of the first programming-computer (Z1) in the world (1936) and he created the first electromechanical-computer (Z2). That’s why Charles Babbage is the father of computers.
(2) SPACE WAR is the first computer game.
First game was released in 1962 and the name of this game is SPACE WAR.
(3) Computer Literacy Day
2 December is a Computer Literacy Day.
(4) Computer Security Day
30 November is a Computer Security Day.
(5) Doug Engelbert invented the computer mouse.
The first mouse was made up of wood (1964). The shape of this mouse is rectangular and a little button is available on the top right.
You can think that why its name is mouse? The answer is he looked like a rat because of the rope coming out from behind.
(6) Blinks fact
Normally a person blinks 20 times a minute but a person sitting in front of it blinks only 7 times a minute.
(7) Characters fact on keyboard
The word with the highest number of characters using a single line of the keyboard is typewriter.
(8) The world's first hard-disk capacity is only 5MB.
The world's first hard disk was built in 1979.
(9) The 1GB hard disk was built in 1980.
His weight and price was very high. The price of this hard-disk is $40,000 and weight is 550 pounds.
(10) Ideal language for software.
Did you know? The most ideal language for software is Sanskrit.
(11) The world's first computer bug was a dead fly.
The first bug was founded in 1947.
(12) The First Indian computer name is Siddharth.
It was built in Kolkata (West Bengal).
(13) Adam Osborne invented the first laptop.
First laptop name is ‘OSBORNE 1’ and it was invented in 1981. This laptop has only 64kb ram (random access memory).
(14) Amish created the special computer. In this computer you can not access the internet, video and music.
The features of this computer are word processing, drawing, accounting, spreadsheets, and more. But not much more.
(15) Christopher Sholes created a QWERTY keyboard(1859).
Nowadays this is a common type of keyboard. QWERTY keyboard is also known as Universal keyboard.
(16) Alan Shugart invented Floppy Disk.
Floppy Disk was invented by IBM engineers (Alan shugart) in 1971.
(17) Vinton Cerf and Bob Kahn invented the Internet.
There are a lot of things you can get from the internet like you can buy any products, chat with your friends, family and you can read and watch something new etc.
(18) The World Wide Web completes 50 million users very fast then TV and Radio.
WWW (World Wide Web) completed 50 million users in just 4 years.
(19) The first apple computer was released in 1976.
It was designed and built by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
(20) Professor August Dvorak made the Dvorak Keyboard.
In 1932, August Dvorak invented the Dvorak keyboard and it is easier to use than the QWERTY keyboard.
(21) Apple's first commercial computer is Apple Lisa.
Apple Lisa has Graphical User Interface (GUI) and a mouse. Lisa was the name of Steve Job's daughter.
(22) Did you know the Lenovo brand's meaning?
The meaning of the Lenovo brand is “New Legend”. Le means Legend and Novo means New.
(23) Intel processor was founded on July 18, 1968.
It is founded by Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce.
(24) Augusta is first computer programmer.
He found the binary system (0,1) in the computer. And according to Wikipedia Ada Lovelace is the first programmer.
(25) DRDO is the organization that makes supercomputers in the space category.
DRDO was founded in 1958 and in India his annual budget is ₹14,818.74 crore (US$2.1 billion).
(26) BARC is an organization that makes incomparable series of computers.
BARC was founded in 1954.
(27) Larry Tesler invented the cut/copy & paste function in computers.
Larry Tesler is American computer-scientist and he has also found the find and replace functions and many more. He is borne in the United states.
(28) World’s first computer virus is Creeper.
It was found in 1971.Thousands of new viruses are being created today. It is harmless and it is the first IBM PC virus.
Today a lot of viruses are released. According to some data 6000+ new viruses are released every month.
(29) First Indian supercomputer is the PARAM 8000.
It was developed in 1991 and later 1998 India made PARAM 10000.
(30) The first registered domain name is symbolics.com
Before 1995, the registration of the domain name was free.
But nowadays If you need a domain name, then you have to buy the domain name and there are a lot of websites available where you can buy it. For example godaddy, namecheap etc.
(31) Windows doesn’t allow for creating folders for some specific name. This specific name is CON, PRN, AUX, NUL.
The reason is this keywords are reserved by DOS. So don’t worry about it.
(32) HP, Microsoft and Apple are three big bull companies that have one common fact.
The common fact is all these companies are started from the garage.
(33) The first popular web browser is Mosaic.
It was released in 1993 and is based on C programming language.
(34) The first supercomputer was made in 1964.
Control Data Corporation 6600 was name of it.
(35) First microprocessor was made by Intel.
The name of the first microprocessor is Intel 4004 and it was released in March 1971.
(36) In 2017 NVIDIA created the world's first AI supercomputer.
This is for Level 5 Robotaxis.
(37) NVIDIA's first graphic card name is GeForce 256.
It was released on October 11, 1999.
(38) NVIDIA made graphic processing units for Microsoft Xbox in 2001.
It is also made for sony play station 3.
(39) World first website is the CERN site.
You can still access this website. It was published on 6 August, 1991.
(40) Most supercomputers are run on a Linux based operating system.
According to data 996 out of 1000 are run on a Linux.
(41) Russians scientists made a computer which is run on water.
These were made in mid 1936.
(42) China has the highest number of active internet users.
In this statistics India is number two country.
(43) According to statista, in 2020 4.66 billion users are active on the internet.
China has 854 million internet users and India has 560 million internet users. But still many people are not using the internet.
(44) First antivirus software made in 1987.
It was made by Andreas Lüning and Kai Figge.
(45) John McAfee founded the McAfee antivirus.
McAfee was part of Intel Security.
(46) First personal computers are designed and invented by John Blankenbaker of Kenbak Corporation.
It was first sold in 1971.
(47) First electronic computer invented by John Vincent Atanasoff and the name of this computer is ENIAC.
ENIAC means Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer. It was first introduced on February 15, 1946.
(48) Z1 is First modern computer.
It was introduced by Konrad Zuse.
(49) First computer program was created in 1843.
Ada Lovelace wrote this program.
(50) Microsoft launched on April 4, 1975.
It is founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen.