Plants mainly consist of three main parts Root, Stem, Leave. And today we will talk about the organ that makes food in plants leaves.
Types of leaves:
There are many types of leaves and below are some common types of leaves.
You can see the images of these types of leaves just click here and see.
Functions Of leaves
- The leaves in plants make food by photosynthesis.
- Exchanges air to breathe in plants.
- The leaves in the plant act to lose water vapor through transpiration.
- Many plants store food in the leaves. Example: Onion
- In many plants, it works to support the plant.
- In many plants, the leaves or other parts of the leaves become thorny and protect the plants.
- In many plants, other parts of the leaves (except the foliage) work to make food by photosynthesis.
- Insectivorous plants such as venus flytrap have different types of leaf formation. Which eats organisms and derives food from them. These types of plants are called Carnivorous Plants.
Post a Comment
Please do not enter any spam link in the comment section.