Today we will talk about plant organ stem.
Functions Of Stem
- Arrange the leaves in the plant according to the same amount of light.
- To arrange the reproductive organs (flowers, fruits, and seeds) in the plant as they can reproduce.
- To convey the water and minerals absorbed from the soil by the roots to the leaves of the plant.
- To spread the food prepared by the leaves of the plant to other parts (roots) of the plant.
- Many plants store large amounts of food. Examples are ginger, potatoes, sourdough.
- In many plants, instead of leaves, they stem perform photosynthesis.